Drone Training Resources
In this article I continue to share when I find more and more resources for drone educators and drone flight schools. If you know of any good resources (books, kits, videos, articles, etc.) PLEASE contact me and I will share them.
First Responder, Search & Rescue, etc.
- “First to Deploy” ebook written by Gene Robinson (Ebook)
- SAR Workshop Gene Robinson (Video)
- Using Unmanned Aerial Systems During a Natural Disaster in Texas by Coitt Kessler and Gene Robinson (Paper)
- Center for Robot-Assisted Search and Rescue (CRASAR) at Texas A&M University (Website)
- Drones in Public Safety and First Responder Operations (Paper)
Surveying & Mapping
- A Statistical Examination of Image Stitching Software Packages for use with Unmanned Aerial Systems (Digital Magazine)
- A whole bunch of videos from the 2015 ASPRS UAS Mapping Conference in Reno.
- Forensic Analysis of sUAS aka Drones – SANS DFIR Summit 2015 (Video)
- UAV Forensic Analysis – Next Gen – SANS DFIR Summit 2016 (Video)
Drone and R/C Aircraft Basics
- Flite Test created a RC Planes – Beginner Series of videos.
- RCModelReviews has many educational videos.
- The Fresnel Zone explained(Video)
- 5.8GHz FPV omnidirectional antenna shootout(Video)
- What PIDs do and how they do it(Video)
- How ducting a propeller increases efficiency and thrust(Video)
- Ohm’s Law explained(Video)
- Ultra-basics: Wiring a basic FPV system(Video)
- DIY FPV diversity project (part 1)
- What’s inside: ESCs
- RC BASICS: What is KV?
- Does ESC choice affect motor power?
- Soldering basics for RC planes
- All about lipos for RC models
- Balancing your lipo battery more quickly (and how cheap chargers work)
- RC BASICS: brushless electric motors
- FPV antenna gain and range explained
- Cheerson CX-10
Thanks again for checking out this post. Please sign up for our newsletter to get the very latest deals and updates right to your inbox. Have a great week and happy flying!